INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANONYMOUS REGISTRATIONS TO SUBMIT EVIDENCE TO THE COMMISSION OF INQUIRY (COI)
Requests for submission of evidence, on condition of anonymity, is available, where, if the safety of the person submitting evidence would be at risk if their identity were to be published.
- Requirements for Anonymous Registrations
An application for submission of evidence on condition of anonymity must be accompanied by an application for anonymous registration, containing the following details:
- Applicant’s full name or that of his/her duly appointed legal representative
- Power of Attorney, in the event that applicant is represented by a representative;
- Applicant’s/or duly appointed representative’s address;
- Reason for the application;
- Evidence, if any to support request for anonymity;,
- Declaration that:
- The evidence to support their application is genuine;
- Any other information given is true.
- Instructions for submission of applications
All applications for anonymity should be submitted with the subject, clearly marked ‘SUBMISSION REFERENCE AN-APP-2021
The Commission of Inquiry, 31 Bijilo Annex Layout, Kombo North District, Western Region, P. O. Box 673, Banjul, The Gambia
Email Address: email@example.com
- Processing of application
In determining the application, the Commission has the power to ask for additional information, if it is not satisfied. At no time during or after the processing of an application for the granting of anonymity, shall the applications be made available for public scrutiny.
- Determination of applications
The outcome of the application will be determined in the sole discretion of the Commission, whose decision will be final.